Saturday, January 31, 2009
blogged about being nice and speaking the truth. Her post spoke to me in more ways than one. I commented on my original thoughts. Then I got to thinking and thinking.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday
If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link below. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
wife,friend and child in Lissa is
She is a champion of the underdog,an iconoclast, the mouth of the south
and a rebel with a cause. (and sometimes without.)
Lissa can "shake it like a salt shaker", whip it up with Woo-Woos
spice up the rice and mix naughty with nice.
She is not a cat to be crossed nor a minx to be messed with.
More than once the almighty have withered,
fallen and quite possibly turned to stone in her presence.
No harm shall come to those that Lissa loves.
Risk is always a part of her repertoire.
Irony is as well.
Lissa will risk everything on anything, on anyone or everyone,
yet not herself.
She will shake it, bake it and make it.
Yet to create it and take it to another level?
Hell No! She won't go! It's too risky.
If she says what is really going on in her head,
it might "mash someone's potatoes."
Lissa could write about life,love,grief and pain and actually submit her work.
Then again, there is a risk of rejection and that just won't do.
Lissa needs to get get a grip.
She needs to rip those snakes of doubt from her head and start taking some risks.
Or one day she is going to look in the mirror and find
that she has turned to stone.
There are some awesome giveaways going on in the blog-a-sphere.
Here are some that might be of interest to you
1. If you are Freaking Out over your frizzy, unmanageable hair. You can get it straightened out
with a misikko Hana Flat iron so head on over to
and get your entry in by Jan 31
2. Do you have a Valentine Day Dilemma? My friend, forgetfulone does. Give her a gift idea for her husband & you could win a $50 gift certificate to tinyprints
Hurry & give her your ideas by Jan 28
3. You could carry around a lot of your stuff in a tannerbananer tote.
islandlife has a nice white Aloha bag to giveaway
Sign up by Jan 30
4. Valentines day Gift Guide
14 days of giveaways
Everyday there is something new to win for one day only.
Today's giveaway ( Day 7) is for a: Jockey Being Family Teddy Bear & Build-A-Bear Gift Certificate
This Valentine Day Giveaway may actually be hotter than the love in your life!
Head on over to: momfuse
or just click the button on my sidebar:
5. Pick out something for yourself or your little one.
prairie-mama is giving away a $30 gift certificate to goodforthekids
Winner chosen on January 31
is obsessed with twisted-silver
She likes it so much that she wants you to have a bracelet for yourself! enter by midnight Feb 1
7. What would you do with a $50 Amazon gift card? Lori is giving one away
enter by Jan 30
8. The Vision Board: The Secret to an Extraordinary Life by Joyce Schwarz
I need vision. I crave it. I so want to win this book! Kathryn Antyr aka the collagediva
Has one to give away. Enter by Jan 31
9. I follow a lot of awesome blogs. There are book blogs that usually contain a review & a giveaway as well. Please check my blog roll.
Friday, January 23, 2009
It's my first week participating in Aloha Friday.
I look forward to meeting some new friends in the blogasphere!
Here is how you play & I am taking this directly from
An Island Life:
Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday.
In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link below. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!
Here is my question:
What is your favorite drink/beverage?
They'll steal your identity.
Your words & your pictures.
So be sure to protect your assets.
Let your visitors know on your
blog that theft will not tolerated.
Feel free to use this sign.
I snatched, I mean borrowed it
Thursday, January 22, 2009
It's time for a New Year Makeover, w/o cutting calories. I plan on getting myself a new look for free and so can you! Check out my 2 previous posts ! Read on and remember:
You have to be in it-To win it!
Labels: blog giveaway
Last to day to enter Jan 24
I was drawn to "Mom of Four" & My Lumpy Pillow"
Be sure to check out the gallery< & find some designs that spark your interest
100 + Reading Challenge at:
12/08-01/09*The Shack by William P Young
1. The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry
2. Life Among The Dead by Lisa Williams
Labels: book challenge
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Like it or Love it
You have To Be In It To Win It
What I have to say,my reviews, links to great giveaways
(and hopefully someday, a few of my own)
We are reading12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women
However I just started & haven't received my book.
This weeks secret is honouring you inspirations. I thought about this for some time. However after many scribbles, crossed out paragraphs & paper in the garbage can, I have decided to follow the Leah and Jamie(part 2)
According to my mother, I was 3, I knew what I was going to wear & what I wasn't. I had my own idea of fashion. Still do.
Yet I remember writing poetry in the 5th grade & falling in love with rhyme. Since that time, I have been like a turtle, in & out of my shell.
2.What talents do you have naturally?
3.What elements (fire, water, wood, air) draw you toward them?
Water & Air. I dream of water & flying. I am a mermaid moon goddess.
I feel peace and tranquility around these elements. Connected to something greater.
**note-My son heard me read this question out loud . He said that I am Fire. Is that because of my passion for life, that I am a protective lioness when it comes to those that I love or that he has seen me angry?**
4.Where and when do you create? Where and when do you wish to create?
I create whenever and wherever I can. Scraps of paper will do. The thoughts come and go.
I wish for more time, more space. to create.
There is so much in my head.
5. What activates your creative energy, and what drains it?
The irony is that anything can be a catalyst: people,music,poetry,books,nature etc.When the mood strikes, I just go with the flow. Positive or negative I try to use it in a creative, healthy way.I do, however make an effort to remove toxicity from my life.
6. Do you use creative rituals?
Does fantasizing about a room to myself count?
I try and then just stress myself out.
Sometimes you just gotta roll with it.
7. Does nature influence your creativity?
It depends on where I am & what I am doing.
One thing I do know is that the full moon moves me.
8. What has been your greatest creative hurdle so far?
GRIEF. It nearly destroyed every part of me.
What do you wish for your space?
A single, male friend of mine lives in a big,beautiful house. Off to the side of his master bedroom is room with a big picture window, french doors that lead onto to the back deck & a fireplace. I dream of having a room like this. I would add built in shelves for my numerous books, a corner desk for my computer & a porch swing to be hung from the ceiling so I could glide in front of the fireplace. Also there would be a door, with a lock on it. Maybe with one of those signs on it, like you use at a hotel. I could put up "Do not Disturb","Creative Genius At Work" or "Touch this Door & I Won't Make Dinner"
I wish for this. I also wish for the space that I do have to be a little more spiritual & creative. For it to be kept clean & for things to be put back in their rightful places.(notice the angels facing backwards--they scare my daughter-they look at her.)For time to meditate & relax in it. Be it in warm water or empty and dry with pillows, paper & pen.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Junk in the Trunk
That's right, I have it. High quality stuff too, at about .0001% the price of JLo's.
Guess what? you can have it as well.
Every time you get in your car , repeat this mantra:
" I have some super, sweet junk in my trunk"
Before you know it, your lover will be loving all over you.
The best things in life are free or close to it.
Happy Birthday **Kent**
It's nice 2 know for 50 cents
I can still
"Rock your World"
The universe has sent me so many signs, that I expect a meteorite to land on my doorstep at any given moment. Guess what? When it does, I am going to forgo the gloves and just lay my hands on it.Lissa will really lighten up! Give me some time & I will share how some of you have unknowingly sent me a signal.
Until then repeat after me:
ALL IS WELL
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
If you are an avid book reader (like me)you will want to check out:
for her: HUGE Health and Beauty Book Giveaway: 20+ Books, 20+ Winners!
2. You could win Letters Between Us & The Gate House
Special thanks to Sandra who helped me out on the whole blogging thing!
3. Sink your teeth into a new copy of Kitty and the Dead Man’s Hand
over at http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=3748
4. 1 of 5 copies of the The Survivors Club could be yours! Just head on over to:
5. Stone Soup gives away a book every Monday! How cool is that? But you have to be in it to win it! http://katrinastonoff.wordpress.com/
2.Terminate my addiction to cigarettes . Period
3.Bust a move on the Dance Dance Revolution 2 ~via~ Nintendo Wii every other day to get a good work out
4. Meet up with 3 friends (same day) 1 town over ( 45 minutes away) -finally girl time!!
5.Finish my Gremlin box.
6.Clean out the kitchen drawers
8.New haircut-as in layers & color-think: razor sharp,dark & sultry
10.Pursue my dream of becoming a philanthropist via the Powerball.
However, this is what I managed to do:
1. Not destroy my computer with a sledgehammer. Read a few blogs that I enjoy when said computer was working.
2. Reduce my Nicotine intake by about 90%
3. Played badminton with dh for a 1/2 hour. It was brutal. I lost, but still looked good in the process(think Mary Katherine Gallagher/SNL)
4. Met up with 1 of my friends & had lunch at a fave Mexican place. We spent the entire afternoon together, drinking coffee, talking about our hair, food, shopping,music, the 80's,love, life, the after-life & grief. **Bonus** The kids only called me twice during the entire time!
5. Put a couple of things in my Gremlin box-It's getting there, the voices in my head can't stop me.
6. Rearranged the kids bedrooms (yes they helped, yes it needed to be done)
7. Meditated..twice. Even though 1 of the times it was only for about 7 minutes. Does under the biggest, most beautiful,full moon count for double time?
8. Got a “newish” hair style-no layers (hair too fine/thin-I knew she would say that!) However I did get a whopping 2 inches cut off the ends! also added some dark brown color underneath to give my hair some ooomph!
9. I cried, but I needed to. I can't hold it in all the time.
10. I managed to donate 3 boxes of clothes & misc. to Goodwill, have another set of clothes ready for the church thrift store. I received a $10 rebate in the mail AND the Powerball is still here, my numbers will come up! When the universe is ready & I'm ready for it:)
Don't put yourself in detention
Based on your Intentions
PS # 2 was decreased to 75 % today,when ½ of my blog was erased due to a defective computer mouse.( Arghhhh-Waaaaaa) But alas tomorrow is another day & I will remind my dh to put that darn patch on my me b4 he goes to work.
Monday, January 5, 2009
I don't mean that selfishly.
I just honestly believe,
that it time to receive.
Instead of recede,
into the abyss of darkness.
That which has harnessed my soul
for many long days and nights
I have loved.
I have lost.
I have love.
I still love.
I am love.
Grief is a journey
Yet so is life.
for my soul
to seek, to speak
"Copyright 1/5/2009 by L.Lutz"