Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I am excited to be a part of The Next Chapter

We are reading12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women

However I just started & haven't received my book.
This weeks secret is honouring you inspirations. I thought about this for some time. However after many scribbles, crossed out paragraphs & paper in the garbage can, I have decided to follow the Leah and Jamie(part 2)

1. When did your creative awakening or reawakening occur?
According to my mother, I was 3, I knew what I was going to wear & what I wasn't. I had my own idea of fashion. Still do.
Yet I remember writing poetry in the 5th grade & falling in love with rhyme. Since that time, I have been like a turtle, in & out of my shell.

2.
What talents do you have naturally?
love,laughter,lyrics
compassion,creativity,empathy

3.
What elements (fire, water, wood, air) draw you toward them?
Water & Air. I dream of water & flying. I am a mermaid moon goddess.
I feel peace and tranquility around these elements. Connected to something greater.
**note-My son heard me read this question out loud . He said that I am Fire. Is that because of my passion for life, that I am a protective lioness when it comes to those that I love or that he has seen me angry?**

4.
Where and when do you create? Where and when do you wish to create?
I create whenever and wherever I can. Scraps of paper will do. The thoughts come and go.
I wish for more time, more space. to create.
There is so much in my head.

5.
What activates your creative energy, and what drains it?
The irony is that anything can be a catalyst: people,music,poetry,books,nature etc.When the mood strikes, I just go with the flow. Positive or negative I try to use it in a creative, healthy way.I do, however make an effort to remove toxicity from my life.

6. Do you use creative rituals?
Does fantasizing about a room to myself count?
I try and then just stress myself out.
Sometimes you just gotta roll with it.

7. Does nature influence your creativity?
It depends on where I am & what I am doing.
One thing I do know is that the full moon moves me.


8. What has been your greatest creative hurdle so far?

GRIEF. It nearly destroyed every part of me.

0 comments: