Wednesday, September 29, 2010




Jamie's prompt for this week is: What do you wish to step into?

I would like to take a step through the door of what was once is no more.
A time when my biggest worries were: 
What am I going to wear over the weekend?
Is there any way I can convince Mom that my curfew can be extended by at least an hour?
Will the can of Aquanet fit into my purse?
Will I EVER be able to actually fill out my bra?
Will we go to make-out point? Again? and again and again:)
Ahhhh. I miss the days of my youth. My innocence and ignorance was bliss. As was my first kiss.

My sister followed me everywhere. She was my shadow. Now I am just a shadow of who I used to be.
My Dad was my Superhero. He once cut off the wrong tree limb and he & the branch came crashing to the ground. He got right back up, dusted himself off and went back to work. Kryptonite couldn't touch him. but by God the cancer did. Daddies are supposed to live forever. If only I knew then what I know NOW. Maybe I could have done something. Maybe not. For now I'll just watch FRINGE and have faith that we will
meet again someday.

On a lighter note. I would like to step into my SKINNY JEANS. I am about 10lbs short of my goal. I know I can do it before the holidays approach. It also would be great to step into the bathroom without seeing a bunch of towels on the floor. How come my kids still can't figure out what laundry baskets & towel racks are for????




Lissa Signature Share Share/Bookmark

11 comments:

Marilyn said...

as you wish for yourself, i wish for you also.

Cazamataz said...

as you wish for yourself i wish for you also x

sues2u2 said...

Gee, that towel comment is very similar to one I made to my own son this am! I don't think it ever changes. I truly don't! ha,ha

Yeah for skinny jeans & only 10 lbs more to go! You can & will do it!!!

I believe w/ all of my heart that we will see our loved ones again. When my son was born & critically ill I worried about leaving him "alone" in the NICU. Instead I could almost hear my Grandfather telling me that he would stay. I never worried again & in fact wondered if others stayed w/ my Nikolas. I'm certain that they did. I wish w/ all of my heart that you could feel your Dad & Sister's presence so you'd be assured of their welfare. That, my friend, is my wish for you.

Lynna G said...

Ah yes. memories and skinny jeans good.
As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also

Liz Mays said...

You will make your 10 lb goal. I know it!

I'm still waiting to fill out my bra!

Anonymous said...

What a poignant post. Oh, to step through that door . . .

As Lissa wishes for herself, so I sincerely wish for her as well.

How I wish I was only 10 lbs away from my skinny jeans. You'll be there before you know it.

Mare/TommyGirl said...

You can do it! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

Carola Bartz said...

As Lissa wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Pixie said...

Ah how I can go with the Dad thing ! You made me smile and feel sad in a heartbeat. What you wish for yourself and your skinny jeans I wish for you x

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

Only 10 pounds a way from skinny jeans? YOU ROCK!!!

As Lissa wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also!

J's Girl said...

What a great wish and powerful imagery too! As Lisa wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also!