Friday, April 30, 2010
It's that time of the week ! The The Happy Book. is making it's way around the world. As we wait for our turn to read and write in it ,as well as see what others have shared, we blog about what makes us HAPPY on Fridays. The above graphic was sent to me by a friend. Nothing like a bouncy frog to give you a smile in the morning! Here is my list of "happy's" for today:
- Both of my sons passed the test and received their driver's permits.
- Easy E finished his first softball season. He did really well. He also has a new friend. She played on the co-ed team with him. They are going to a concert together tonight at church.
- DD passed his college prep test and is eligible for dual enrollment. This means he can take college courses while still enrolled in High School.
- Bo Bo is getting an award today at The State College of Florida. Along with his fellow students, he helped the math team place first among small colleges in Florida! **UPDATE** BoBo received 2 academic excellence awards. One for math and one for Philosphy! Woot!
- Bubbles found her mouthpiece to the Clarinet. Yippee! mommy doesn't have to purchase a new one.
- Making 4 meals for about $30 for a family of 6. I made Sloppy Joes on Mon, Homemade Chili on Tues, Hot Dogs & Chili on Weds and Chili Nachos last night. I have a feeling my family is in the mood for something different tonight!
- It's been a fabulous 2 weeks of making new friends via Blogger and twitter.
- New baby! My godson arrived 3 weeks early, and is perfect! I get to hold him in my arms this weekend!
- Unexpected financial blessings. Whenever I have a need, GOD always come through. Thanks also to my Saints and guardian angels!
- The Sunshine. I will admit it, the humidity bothers me. However we are having some great weather. I might just put on a bathing suit and take a swim.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Friday, April 16, 2010
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Silk Pure Almond is now on the shelves of your local grocer. Or maybe I should say 'flying off the shelves! " When I went to pick up the Silk Pure Almond, there were only three cartons left. I ended up picking up one carton of the regular and coming back again when I knew the Vanilla Silk Pure Almond was back in stock. Here are the some of the ways my family and I have been enjoying this great new product.
- Ice cold, in a tall glass. Silk Pure Almond. tastes great. The regular tastes just as good , if not better, than dairy milk. The vanilla tastes sweet like a vanilla milkshake.
- Smoothies. Yes we have tried both varieties of the Silk Pure Almond in our blender. Strawberry bananas and also blueberries. My kids loved the smoothies so much, we made them FOUR days in a row!
- With our cereal.
- Pouring a small amount in a dish over strawberries. (my personal, favorite, sweet treat!)
- Using it instead of flavored creamer in my coffee.
Also there are many benefits when it comes to Almond milk. Here are a few:
- Each glass of Silk Pure Almond is an excellent source of antioxidants and provides as much calcium and Vitamin D as dairy milk with absolutely no cholesterol, saturated fat, dairy or soy.
- Each serving of Silk Pure Almond provides 50% of the recommended daily value of Vitamin E. Vitamin E is an important antioxidant that helps support normal heart and brain function. Also Vitamin E promotes a healthy complexion.
- Almonds are recognized by health professionals as a nutritious addition to a healthy diet. Almonds have more protein and fiber than any other tree nut.
Also you can Register to receive the latest news and offers from Silk Pure Almond and
receive a 75 cents off Coupon
Now it's time for you to have an opportunity to win
a 1/2 gallon coupon Silk Pure Almond and also this
Silk Pure Almond branded Chico Bag!
Just tell me in your comment
why you would like to try the Silk Pure Almond!
You can receive bonus entries by doing any or all of the following listed below.
- For 2 entries: Become a Fan of Silk on Facebook
- For 1 entry: Follow me on Google Friend Connect (I follow back)
- For 1 entry: Follow me on twitter ( I follow back)
- For 3 entries: Grab my button and place it on your blog
- For 1 entry: Tweet about this giveaway. You can do this 1 x daily.
Giveaway is open to residents of USA, 18 years of age and older.
Giveaway ends Tuesday, April 20 at 11:59pm EST.
Winner will be drawn with random generator and contacted by email, announced on twitter as well as this blog. Winner has 7 days to respond or an alternate winner will be chosen.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Friday, April 9, 2010
WooHoo! It's that time of year! Many mom bloggers ( or those bloggers that love children) will to get to know each other as we hop along the blog universe. Our goal is to visit at least 20 blogs this week. It is so much fun meeting new people that have the same interests as yourself or are totally different. Either way you want to get to know them and become bloggy froggy friends. Guess what? There also are some great Prizes . For Us only,Us/Canada and International bloggers. Something for everyone! Here are few that interest me in no particular order and may interest you as well:
- Hobo International Clutch Bag worth $100 provided by: superheroboy
- A Razor Rip Rider provided by : busymommymedia
- 2 $30 Amazon Giftcards provided by : escalatenetwork ,Christine/.livelaughlove & afullcup each site is donating 2 cards!
- A collection of pewter treasure charms for birthday party for tween or teen $140 ( my dd would SO love me to win this for her) provided by: amypeters.
- A goody Basket for Mom provided by: healthymoms
- A $150gc provided arockinghorsetolove Check out the FROG rocker, so Cute!
There are also gift cards, kids items, candles, scentsy warmers, blog design makeovers and so much more.There are too many to name. So, I would also be thrilled to win:
- US only prizes: #'s: 2,4,6,8,13,15,19,20,28,30,31,32,37,40,45,46,47,49,50,51,52,55,61,,68,72,77,78,85,88,91,92,9,97,104,107,112,113
- USC prizes: #'s 3,6,8,10,13,15,19,22,25,27,32,33,35,36,37,39,40,41,43,58,61,62,63