Friday, January 29, 2010


The Next Chapter: The Happy Book
(Click on link on my sidebar- IE is trying, but not succceeding in giving me grief)
I am in a great group. We will be sharing this book. One person has a week with it and sends it on it's merry way to next person. Because there were so many of us that love being happy, we have four copies of this book travelling all across the globe. I am so excited to be a participant on this journey. I will definitely be learning patience. My turn with the book is not until November:)
However, I still get to see what is making my friends smile every week & share my own Happy thoughts. Here are a few of my happy's for this week:
A little bit of chocolate and a lot of conversation with my mom.
My husband's sense of humor.
Getting organized -I labeled 77 pairs of socks this week!
Report cards with straight A's
Homemade steak & potato soup
Flapping my arms & trying to fly on the Wii Fit
It definitely is not the same as when I fly in my dreams..lol
Twittering for charity
Hazelnut Cream coffee from @TheFineGrind
Prayer & Meditation it WORKS!
An invitation to dinner with old friends
Winning 50 boxes of Kraft Mac-n-Cheese and being able to share this with others.
Football weekends with family and Chips & Dean's Dip (Yummy)
T-rexie my prehistoric computer-she's old but she works!
My brother making Captain at the Fire department ( Big Sissy is so proud)
One World, One Heart Magic Carpet Ride Giveaways
I was a little bummed that I didn't have the foresight or finances to participate.
But there is always next year:)
Forgiveness
Gratitude
and
My cousin and his wife are due to arrive in town this morning. I have only seen him 3x in 25 years! I am sooo excited to be able to spend time with them over the weekend. Woot!
Next week I hope to be able to share pics or video.
I will use my son's computer and have him help me.
Until then...
What makes you HAPPY?

10 comments:

Sues2u2 said...

You are one of the friends who makes me happy. Plus that Twilight video. lol

Lawendula said...

I love that "prayer and meditation it works" sentence!
Yes, it does! Happy weekend!

WrightStuff said...

What's with all that sock labelling? I'm certainly with you on the chocolate!

Ginny said...

Sounds like a great week. But I also want to know more about the sock labeling. Have a great time with your cousin.

LissaL said...

About the socks-My husband & 3 boys all wear the same size, white athletic socks. So I got tired of them being in the basket (&everyone digging for a match in the early hours of the morning) so I numbered each pair.

Lexington said...

I absolutely love your happy list. Tnank you so much for sharing it.

Jamie Ridler said...

Wow, I absolutely love how these happy moments are little portraits of each of us. It's such a joy to have this little peak into what makes you happy! I'm just imagining you flapping your wings :) And wow, you labeled socks? I'm so impressed!

becky nielsen said...

LOved this list - and I love your frogs on your banner! I've been paying more attention to the prayer and meditation and you're right - it really helps, especially on those days when I feel especially flustered and seems I have the least time. Organized socks - you are terrific!

mercedes said...

what a cool list! just curious though, why the labeling of the socks? (i love socks and am slowly trying to crochet enough so that i can stop buying them, so i'm curious about the labeling.)

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and entering the giveaway. Hope you'll be back soon. I know I'll definitely be back to yours.