Thursday, February 19, 2009


It is that time of the week.
Today may be Thursday
but I started wishing yesterday so it still counts
Jamie
asked this week

Where do you wish to go?

I drank my usual amount of coffee and iced tea on Tuesday.
Which is probably at least double the amount of what the average person drinks in a day.
By about 3 a.m. on Wednesday I was wishing to use the loo
( that is just a fancy, British way of saying toilet)
But mine was unavailable to me. So I had to wait for about 5 hours.
That is a long time.

You see my husband had assured me (2 weeks back)
that he would take care of things.
I love him, but he is not a plumber or a handyman, he does accounting.
I had a date with the septic guy scheduled for Thursday.
By Tuesday night however,
I was promising the man anything
if he would be at my house ASAP.
7:30 a.m. could not arrive soon enough.
I brushed my teeth and dressed for the occasion.
(This means I threw a sweatshirt over my pajamas and slid my feet into my bright pink Crocs.)
I met my date outside with a friendly smile and pointed him in the right direction.
For once in my life I kept chit-chat to a minimum.
About halfway through the process I thought I might not make it.
I was going to run to my mom's house.
But that would mean the panic alarm would be set off and she and the cats might not make it.
All is well now.
The septic tanks are empty and so is my réservoir souple
(That is just a fancy, French way of saying.....
)

My wish has been granted:)

Where do you wish to go?









0 comments: